Friday, October 16, 2009

God is good!

Over the past year, God has revealed to me so much about Himself. Things that were easy and exciting to take in and accept, some things that were incredibly hard to understand and come face to face with, and some things that have yet to be understood. 

God has taken me on a journey that has been centered around me decreasing and Christ increasing. A journey where there has been no doubt in my mind that God is faithful and loves me. A journey where i needed to be broken and have complete reliance and dependance on Jesus Christ. A journey where I have ripped out of everything comfortable. But through all of this... God has been good. Beyond good. 

Many times I have been brought to nothing but my tears and His word, but rejoicing through it. Sometimes I do not understand how I can be rejoicing through times that are bitter and cold and aching, and the truth is, apart from Christ, I cannot. It is Him in me, working and tenderizing my heart. Making it soft towards Him.

I felt as though I needed to share this today. It was an extremely difficult day for me today for a number of reasons, but God drew me to Himself, and I was again reminded of His greatness and love. And that I should tell you! And hope that it encourages you too. 
Also... Psalm 40 has been a prominent section of scripture for me lately. Here is a bit.

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, 
out of the miry clay.
And He set my feet upon a rock
making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear,
And trust in the Lord.
How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust,
And who has not turned to the proud,
nor to those who lapse into falsehood.
Many, O Lord, my God,
are the wonders which You have done,
And Your thoughts towards us;
There is none to compare with You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to count."

Psalm 40:1-5

1 comment:

  1. YAY for blogging! and this post is SUCH a great start. :)

    now you just need a little facelift action from www.cutest blog on the block.com. sooo much good stuff to choose from on there! (ps- i was not paid to say that!)

    looking forward to following your heart and thoughts on here, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete